I don't often talk to everybody about the projects I'm working on, and if I do I might mention it to one or two people. So here's what I've been up to lately:
- I'm working on an Android and iPhone app for Southern Bone and Joint. It's not very intricate or impressive; all it does is submit a name, phone number, and preferred physician to the clinic. Either way, it's some exposure and it's neat to know that an app I'll have made will be a real-world application, and not just some project that stagnates on Google Play.
- Although I haven't had much time to work on it lately, the Florafy project is still a 'thing.' The site isn't a big priority right now, because the app is pathetic. It just randomly submits a picture to the website, and has no method of tracking who submitted it. I'll be working on creating a login, registration, and maybe a nice user interface - then the work on the site can begin.
- I wrote my first song, 'Desperate.' It's a rough draft and some features of it may change (most likely the pathetic solo I improvised), but I'm proud of finally writing a song. I'm really, really bad at writing my own music.
- Ian has been working on some tunes for a project he and I are trying to get started. I've written some riffs and I'm working on some lyrics, but I'm worried that my musical contributions won't be up to par with his. Either way, it'll be an experience and I always enjoy playing music with him.
- For my software engineering class, Gordon Pettey, Brandon Wolfe, and I are working on a project we've named 'JamScrape.' This website takes a music query from the user ( 'Opeth' or 'The Beatles', etc) and returns albums and tracks by that artist. Then it will query Amazon, Google, iTunes, and other stores and search for the lowest price for that track or album. It's coming along now - we don't have have it querying music stores yet, but we have a few results live here. (This page will be changing from time to time - it's still in the early stages of development now.)
- Last, I'm working with Glover George on revamping the Gulf Sales website. The old site is here, and the new demo is here.